Smoking has long been the go-to method for cannabis use. It’s simple, straightforward, and delivers fast, effective results. Today, cannabis enthusiasts have a much broader range of options. One such option is vaping. While similar to smoking, vaping offers a smoother, safer alternative. Vape pens have made this popular method of consumption easy and portable. While effective, there are more parts involved, including cannabis vape cartridges. Here’s what you need to know.
What Is a Cannabis Vape Cartridge?
A cannabis vape cartridge is one component of a vape pen. It’s the part that holds the cannabis oil that you vape. Most cartridges are pre-filled, meant to be thrown away and replaced when you empty them. There are also refillable cartridges, meaning that you can clean them and add new oil instead of tossing them out. In most cases, these cartridges screw onto the battery. Pod-style cartridges attach with a magnet.
Parts of a Vape Cart
Vape cartridges have a few different parts:
- The chamber: the part that holds your cannabis oil
- The atomizer: the heating element that vaporizes the cannabis oil for inhalation
- The mouthpiece: the tip of the cartridge through which you inhale
Types of Vape Cartridges
There are several different types of vape cartridges on the market. First, you have 510 cartridges and pod cartridges. A 510 cart screws onto a battery with the same threading. Pod-style carts are typically proprietary. Where a 510 cart can fit on any 510 battery regardless of brand, pod carts only fit on batteries of the same brand.
Vape cart options go well beyond how they fit onto a given battery. Different cartridges contain different things. Some contain CO2 oil, while others contain distillates. Some oils have additives mixed in to improve viscosity for a better vaping experience. Others have terpene infusions to provide exceptional and tasty flavors.
Benefits of a Cannabis Vape Cartridge
Cannabis vape cartridges offer several benefits. One of the most significant benefits is that it delivers fast results. Like smoking, inhaling vapor provides some of the fastest-acting effects. When you inhale your cannabinoids, they absorb through your lungs and directly into your bloodstream. From there, these cannabinoids travel to your brain and bind with your cannabinoid receptors. They can help to reduce pain, alleviate inflammation, lessen anxiety, and so much more. It often only takes 15 to 30 minutes to feel the effects.
Other benefits of using cannabis vape cartridges include:
- Vape carts attach to vape pens, which are small, handheld devices. They’re not much larger than a writing utensil. You can place it in your pocket or your bag and be on your way.
- Discreet use. Vaping cannabis oils doesn’t produce the same odor as smoking. In fact, they don’t tend to produce any odor at all. While you do exhale vapor, the act of vaping is overall much more discreet.
- Ease of use. Vape pens are fairly straightforward and easy to use. Some require you to push a button before you inhale, while others operate using auto-draw.
Vaping offers a more discreet and convenient alternative to smoking that also delivers fast, effective results. Choosing the right vape cartridges will help to ensure that you get the results you’re looking for with every hit.